Grey’s Anatomy Star Sarah Drew Waited Until MarriageMarch 10th, 2013 by WTM.org Community
On the TV Show Grey’s Anatomy, Sarah Drew plays Dr. April Kepner, a highly religious Doctor who fails at trying to be a born-again virgin. In real life, Sarah Drew and her husband (a professor at UCLA) waited until marriage successfully.
Twitter Proof: Sarah Drew acknowledges that she waited
Also included: Some heartening replies to Sarah’s admission from other Twitter users.
Interesting facts about Sarah Drew…
- Second cousin of Southland actor Ben McKenzie.
- During her summer hiatus from Everwood, Drew and her husband, Peter Lanfer, spent a week in Martha’s Vineyard volunteering at Focus, a Christian camp geared toward high school and college students.
- She describes herself as a people person and enjoys meeting new people and developing friendships.
Born: on October 1, 1980 in Charlottesville, Virginia to Dr. Jeannie Drew and Rev. Charles Drew. She grew up in Stony Brook, New York, on Long Island.
Childhood: Acts in school plays and community theatre productions. Knows from a very early age that her passion for acting will lead to a successful acting career.
Age 17: Voices the character Stacy Rowe in the MTV show Daria.
Age 21: Makes her professional stage debut as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet at the McCarter Theatre in Princeton, New Jersey.
Age 22: Graduates from University of Virginia with a Bachelor’s degree in Drama. Marries her college sweetheart Peter Lanfer, a lecturer at UCLA and a faculty member at Dartmouth (Related: 5 Things to Know About Sarah Drew’s Husband).
Age 23: Makes her film debut in Radio alongside Cuba Gooding Jr. Also stars on Broadway for the first time in Vincent in Brixton, which later takes her to London’s West End.
Age 24-26: Stars in hit TV Show Everwood as Hannah Rogers.
Age 25: Wins the “Character and Morality in Entertainment” Award for performance in Radio.
Age 27: Lands a supporting role in director Desmond Nakano’s racially themed period sports drama American Pastime.
Age 29: Casted as regular character Dr. April Kepner on Grey’s Anatomy.
Age 30: Judges at the UCLA Spring Sing contest.
Age 31: Gives birth to her first child, Micah Emmanuel Lanfer, on January 18, 2012.
- Wetpaint Article: Sarah Drew admits to waiting until marriage to have sex.
- Wetpaint Article: 5 Things to Know About Sarah Drew’s Husband
- IMDB Actor Profile: Sarah Drew
- Wikipedia: Sarah Drew
- Sarah Drew’s biography on RottenTomatos
- FilmBug’s Sarah Drew Bio
- BuddyTV.com’s Sarah Drew Bio